What are the benefits of positive workplace mental health? Are you all over your OVERALL mental health? If you’re not sure, take time to read
What are the benefits of positive workplace mental health?
Are you all over your OVERALL mental health? If you’re not sure, take time to read this article to know more about the benefits of positive workplace mental health not only for you but for everyone around you.
You start to ask – how could I promote positive mental health in my workplace? I’ll tell you a secret – it all starts with a conversation.
EVERYTHING STARTS WITH A CONVERSATION
As an avid mental health Champion, people have come to know me as someone who is comfortable starting a conversation about my own personal story of living with and managing depression and anxiety.
My bigger goal? To be a role model for men everywhere who really need to get comfortable with starting their conversations about their daily mental health and get the help and support they need.
The fact is, all of us can START CONVERSATIONS. This simple act of starting a conversation is a clear demonstration that “we care”.
#1 – Life has taught me that when we show WE CARE, the likelihood of moving others and ourselves to a much better place, a much happier place, increases!
#2 – And when we go to a place of showing that WE CARE, it’s equally as good for our overall mental health, mental wellbeing, and the mental wellness of others.
When leaders of influence put up barriers that get in the way of both “STARTING A CONVERSATION & WE CARE,” that’s my biggest fear.
Top 5 Barriers For Promoting Benefits of Positive Workplace Mental Health
- I don’t think it’s my job to help someone who is experiencing some sort of mental health problem. After all, people are hired to do a job. My job is not to take care of someone’s mental health problems.
- I don’t have time. Heavy workloads, busy schedules, limited resources make it very difficult to think about putting yet another important item on my plate, especially a framework for workplace psychological health and safety.
- I don’t want to start anything here in the office unless the leadership of the company is committed to mental health in the workplace. After all, I don’t want to be seen as someone who is doing more for my staff than the company expects me to do.
- I don’t have any money in the budget for managing workplace mental health issues.
- I don’t need to address someone’s very personal mental health problems in the workplace. It’s personal. Not professional.
Get the complete list of Top Barriers For Promoting Benefits of Positive Workplace Mental Health here.
With all the changes we have all been through in the past couple of years, the challenge is on to build a work culture on the foundation that “everything starts with a conversation.”
When conversations are openly encouraged in the workplace, you may begin documenting all the positive changes that you see happening around you. You know you’re on the right track when this occurs.
Want to take it up a notch?
PLAY-BASED WORKSHOP EXPERIENCES
Online & In Person Play-Based Workshop Experiences are designed to generate authentic conversations and get people talking about positive workplace mental health.
- In Person & Online PLAY-BASED WORKSHOP EXPERIENCES are a great remedy for anyone experiencing mental health challenges. Play frees the soul from sadness, stress, anxiety. It then opens space for plenty of fun and a much-needed dose of happy & good energy to step-in. People then feel safe & comfortable to start conversations, tell their stories & feel much better.
- Google “Serious research about the benefits of play for adults”. Example – Stuart Brown, Psychiatrist & Founder of the National Institute for Play, states that even a small amount of Play can boost our productivity and happiness. We can therefore conclude that Play is vital to our positive mental health.
- – Play invites no judgment. Play invites complete acceptance.
– Play allows us to lean into vulnerability in a safe space.
– Play breaks down barriers to hard conversations.
– Play shifts our perspective & opens our minds to learn more about ourselves.
– Play. It’s Just Plain Fun!!
The number one principle that all participants can expect in Play-Based Workshop Experiences? “FREEDOM TO PLAY YOUR WAY!” This is how I responded to Jen Easaw, Professional Colleague in the Field of Career Development when she brought forward a poignant perspective: “Robert. You facilitate workplace workshop experiences on mental health where we are all expected to participate and possibly share stuff with work colleagues.
This makes me feel anxious and has the potential to make others feel anxious. At least, this is the picture I have created in my own mind about what would be involved.”
So. Let’s begin to wrap things up.
- Fact: “Work to be done” requires positive mental health – positive workplace mental health.
- Fact: At the end of the day, if you’re raising positive workplace mental health levels, how could this not spill over into productivity? How could this not spill over into shifting the relationships between everyone at work at home? How could this not result in more happy at work at home?
Robert’s Top 5 Indicators of Positive Workplace Mental Health:
- People’s ENERGY passionately shows up each and every day. This motivates collaboration and commitment.
- People’s RESPECT in the workplace supports the exchange of open and honest communication.
- People’s SKILLS & EXPERIENCES result in the courage to embrace ongoing workplace changes.
- People’s WORK SATISFACTION is abundant while plenty of Happy At Work is very much apparent.
- CONNECTIONS with one another are obviously authentic, transparent and inspire trust.
Powerful Play Experiences is The Only Team Re-Building & Fun At Work Business That Is Opening The Conversation About The Importance Of Positive Mental Health At Work…Home l Office l Hybrid.
HERE’S THE PROBLEM!! It goes without saying that when you or I are not effectively managing and coping with our daily mental health challenges, this
THE ONLY TEAM RE-BUILDING & FUN AT WORK BUSINESS THAT WORKS WITH SMART LEADERS, DECISION MAKERS AND INFLUENCERS WHO PRIORITIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF POSITIVE MENTAL
“Very few people have an incredible intuitive feel for people’s needs that Robert masterfully brings to all of his interactions. What you get from Robert
A number of years back, I asked Danielle Forth, Registered Psychologist to write an article about her experience observing a Powerful Play Experiences Workshop. How