When an email arrived to my inbox from Duck Inn Daycare & Out of School Care, I wasn’t at all expecting to receive an attachment packed with kind comments from all the staff who recently participated in a Powerful Play Experiences workshop. After all, this is not the first time that Duck Inn Executive Director, Stella Pereira, has reached out to Powerful Play Experiences. Stella and I have organized many successful workshops for her awesome staff over the years, and really enjoy working together.
Thank you Duck Inn Daycare & Out of School Care Staff for your genuine messages of appreciation. So poignant and so powerful are the comments. Nothing disingenuous here at all. More like “words worth sharing” in a blog for all to read. So, let’s start now!
And as written by each Staff Member.
- Thank you Robert!! We totally enjoyed ourselves and we were totally de-stressed, and ready to go back to work. It was great that all the Staff were able to get together and also enjoy each others company.
- Robert. Thank you for being so informative about mental health but also for being so enthusiastic the entire time. I had such fun getting to know my staff members during the fun activities. I’m pleased at how you talked about mental health and the stigma that surrounds it. I am thankful for how you talked about how mental health has affected your life. I can see how everything we did positively impacted our workplace.
- Robert. Your program is one of the most enjoyable and funniest days I’ve had. All the team building workshops I’ve had before is not like yours. It made me believe that mental health is very important in all aspects of life. And it happens to any person around us. Thank you for the knowledge! And always, keep your program light. I like it like that.
- Thank you so much Robert! It was a great time getting to know each other and I got the positive vibes from everybody. It was so helpful to work together. Also, it was a turning point for me to think about mental health. And I felt it was very significant for the rest of us.
- It was a pleasure to be a part of the workshop that you conducted on mental health. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it helped me to understand the importance of creating a happy, stress free environment with colleagues as well as the children that I am working with. It has been an awesome experience.
- Learned about the whole value and the importance of teamwork – how to help and cooperate with each other, to have a stress free environment at work. We had fun. We enjoyed it a lot.
- I’m glad to have been able to participate in such a valuable workshop. It has taught me the importance of learning about my co-workers and how to make the workplace feel warm and welcoming.
- I really enjoyed participating in these kinds of activities, making me and my co-workers feel happy and relaxed in our work environment. This is important and benefits our mental health.
- It was fun and with plenty of exciting activities. It showed me the value of teamwork.
- This was a fun and interesting way to learn about mental health and cooperating with a team. I learned a lot about myself and others, and I appreciate the energy that was present during the day.
About The Writer
Robert Manolson, BA CCDP (Certified Career Development Professional), Leading Fun At Work & Team Engagement Expert, & Mental Health Champion is the Creator & Facilitator of Powerful Play Experiences, Positive Workplace Mental Health… For Teams.
As Robert shares his energy and passions, he continues to challenge leaders in today’s ever busy, always stressful world of work to acknowledge fun at work and team engagement as an invaluable positive workplace mental health strategy. Robert believes that it’s really all about taking that risk to start authentic, honest conversations about mental health both in work and in life.